Sunday 4 March 2012

2.1.1 My Current Understanding of "Online Pedagogy"

In relation to the phrase "online pedagogy" in  simple terms I think of the process of teaching online.

This then leads me to think about the strategies and philosophies that are considered when creating content for online learning and how does this differ from creating content for face to face learning.  Another element that comes into focus immediately when thinking about online pedagogy are technological tools.  What are the best tools to use? How does the instructional design need to differ to incorporate the features and benefits of the tools?  Are individual learning styles still catered for?

Then my thoughts go onto what new skills as a teacher do I need to develop to teach in an online format and what skills am I expecting my students to be efficient in to fully receive the benefits of the online pedagogy?

No comments:

Post a Comment